This week is Food Allergy Awareness Week, and we’re looking forward to making our favourite blueberry muffins - which are free from gluten, dairy, nuts and egg.
This quick and easy recipe will have your toddler asking for multiple servings!
- 1 cup milk of your choice (depending on your loved ones allergy you may be choosing whole milk, skim milk, almond milk, oat milk or soy).
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (or sub for flour of your choice - you just may need to add a little more if using all-purpose flour).
- 1 cup frozen blueberries - yum!
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 very ripe banana (or you can use Orgran Egg Replacer - available from local supermarkets - or apple sauce if there is both a banana and egg allergy)
- 2 heaped teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
Preheat oven to 200. Line your 8 muffin hole muffin-tray with cupcake liners. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add milk, banana (or chosen egg replacer), a splash of olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla essence. Stir gently to roughly combine mixture, before folding in the blueberries. Place mixture into your muffin tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Let cool, serve and enjoy!